Monday, February 11, 2008

Safe in Swiss Land!


I arrived safely at my brother's house this evening and I'm looking forward to a good night's rest. The flight over was pretty enjoyable and for the most part was non-eventful. Nothing worthwhile really happened, but I do want to share with you these two nuggets. 

1) During my four hour lay-over in Copenhagen, I went to a Sport's Restaurant (similar to Applebee's) and immediately noticed an entire wall solely dedicated to the Boston Celtics. There were over 100 pictures of current players as well as past Celtic greats. Just beneath a gigantic sign that read "Celtic Boulevard" was a very large autographed picture of Magic Johnson. This made me giggle!

2) I have the cutest little nephews (pictured above). Jayson is almost 3 years old and Cody is 13 months. Jayson and my brother met me at the airport this evening and hearing Jayson scream "Uncle Ben, Uncle Ben!" from behind the glass made the long trip worth it. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't get the joke. Is it funny that Magic Johnson played for a different baseball team?

Aaron

Anonymous said...

Do you find yourself giggling in an accent now that you are in a new country? I wonder what your giggles will sound like once you get to Africa.

Jen said...

I can't wait to hear Jayson's voice myself.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure your nephew was calling out to you or was he just craving some rice? Figures you would assume it is all about you.
Glad you got there safely.
Derran

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had a safe trip and now the real fun begins. Trying to communicate with people who have no idea what you are saying and you do not understand them either. Just remember that smiles and laughter are universal. Draw in the sand, use your hands, you will do fine and GOD is with you each step of the way.

By the way, the family resemblance is quite strong with your nephews. They are real cuties.

Can't wait for you to return and share the pictures and stories with all of us at church.
Connie