Saturday, February 16, 2008

More Pictures for you!

I have more pictures for you today, but I won't have any of the reflections or stories I had hoped to provide. Our days are very full here in Togo and I simply don't have the energy to say more than a few comments concerning the pictures below. Details will have to wait until I return. Here you go, my friends, enjoy.

Here are my brothers, Andy and Bryan, with one of
our gracious hosts.

Bryan and me.

This picture is hazy because of the Harmattan.
I'm telling you, it's unbelievable!

Saturday morning bible study with a few of
the villagers.


These boys were making bricks when we arrived.

This is me helping out. The boys laughed at me
and did more work than me. This won't be a surprise to
some of you.

All the bricks they've made in the last few weeks.



Our first morning in Togo my brother informed me
we would be going to an ''omelette bar''. I wasn't too
excited about this, seeing that we are in a third world country.
This is the building that houses the ''omelette bar''!

Turns out, these breakfast sandwiches are unbelievable. We plan to make at
least three total visits. These things are absolute money!

This bush baby is owned by one of Bryan's teammates.
It is appropriately named...wait for it...George W. Bush Baby.

More evidence of the crazy Harmattan. Have I mentioned
how unbelievable it is?

This is the kind of taxi ride you can expect in Togo.

One final note...Sayid is working for Ben! Now that is crazy.

6 comments:

Chelan said...

Don't joke about Lost stuff... and certainly don't ever risk me learning something about Lost before I have a chance to see it myself. Our friendship is at stake if you continue to do this... as for Togo, I like all the pictures... fun times. Aaron's reaching for you at night though... come home.

Tara said...

I don't know what those little bush baby things are...it might be the cutest thing I have ever seen...or it might be the creepiest thing I have ever seen. Not sure which.

Anonymous said...

how i despise not being able to call you on a whim to discuss Ben's diabolical-ness (yes, that is a word I made up but i felt i needed to create one seeing as Ben is a creature of which I have never experienced).

p.s. Aaron and I have been reading your blog together...it's really been good for our friendship. thanks for doing this.

Ben Ries said...

The "Omlette bar" looks alittle scary - glad they were awsome.
The bush baby is my favorite - i want one of those.

Bren

Anonymous said...

Yeeeeessss....

Anonymous said...

Yes, Wilson and I have really grown together because of this blog. We talk about it on the phone constantly and have even taken to youtubing one another short videos about the various issues this blog raises - both good and bad. Thanks for being the bridge to this rather beautiful relationship. Your a conduit of sorts.

...please get home quick. Wilson is driving me nuts with his constant calls and invitations to video blog. It's odd. He's your friend man...you take care of him. I never signed on to be a friend sitter.

Wilson, disregard that comment. You are still my best friend. BFF!

Aaron